Manage all aspects of the production department. Includes production schedules, costing and budgeting, managing staff, forklift driver, inventory control and data entry.
Hands on, working on the floor
Assembly of imported items
Ensure health & safety guideline are followed
Maintain accurate production records including work orders, products costing sheets, work logs, production schedule
Maintain all equipment clean via regular scheduled maintenance and service contracts
Learn the operation of all production equipment
Follow established guidelines for operation procedures & processes
Keep production department clean and free of obstacles and debris
Perform assemblies in Accpac
Keep stock and supplies orderly in designated places
Perform regular cycle counts on inventory to keep on accurate level in the computer software
Store inventory according to company requirements
Perform Q/C on incoming material and maintain/update Q/C reporting
Follow SOP’S as out lined in our quality manual
Produce work orders for all related production
Provide customer Service support on all their packaging needs
Assist all inventory purchases needed by the department by sending in requisitions as needed
5 years of experience in a similar function with supervisory responsibilities
Strong business understanding of the manufacturing/production environment
Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Labelview and Microsoft E-Mail
Accpac knowledge – accounting software – a definite asset
Experienced in using an electric forklift & walkie
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good judgment and strong organizational skills
- Leadership, initiative, sense of urgency
- Able to work with others to resolve inventory problems and make process improvements;
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $48,000.00 /year
INVENTORY AND TRANSPORT ANALYST
The primary responsibility of our Inventory & Transport Analyst is to monitor inventory levels and place purchase orders as needed to support the business. Must be meticulous and detail oriented. Other responsibilities include arrangement and management of shipping activities to effectively execute inventory replenishment efforts. Successful candidate will also gain a broad level of experience by supporting cross-functional teams (primarily product development and sales) as required to ensure the company meets delivery deadlines and various performance objectives. This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
- Monitor inventory levels and place purchase orders as needed to support the business. Analyze proposed purchase orders by using relevant information, including forecast, historical demand, in stocks and inventory turns metrics.
- Ensure accuracy of purchase orders and vendor invoices by maintaining item pricing, lead times and vendor information in our system.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation for each shipment. Ensure all required documentation for various government agencies is available, correctly completed, and given to our customs broker in a timely fashion.
- Other miscellaneous duties and special projects as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- University Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, or Relevant Field of Study it’s a plus.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in purchasing and/or inventory management.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, and multi-tasking skills, and proven detail-orientation.
- Excellent ability to get along with diverse personalities and develop strong business relationships with vendors and associates.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and problem solving skills.
- French is an asset.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in purchasing and/or inventory analysis.
- Strong technical proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Open work environment
- Occasional over time
- Available for occasional short trips
Job Type: Full-time
Reporting to the Product manager, the Inventory Clerk will perform regular data entry functions in recording inventory transactions as well as maintaining efficient work procedures with inventory analysts. Works closely with other departments providing continuous flow of information and ensuring close follow-ups.
- Analyze inventory levels and reallocate them according to priorities and needs
- Check sales forecast reports and place orders accordingly
- Ensure efficient replenishment and avoid / eliminate back orders
- Identify discrepancies in inventory and provide solutions
- Quickly identify slow movements that could cause delivery delays
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of GP / Microsoft Dynamics is an asset
- Able to work independently
- Resourceful and quick learner
- Mathematical and analytical mind
Detail oriented (data management). Logical. Ability to solve problems. Ability to meet the objectives.
Open air office. Multitasking.